indolence is bliss

Saturday, October 01, 2005

no more movies

I went to Reel (the brick & mortar, not the website) yesterday for the first time in months. I browsed all my favorite genres... and nothing. Not one video that was worth renting, and which I hadn't already seen. Browsing Netflix or the Oakland library comes up with the same. Maybe I've seen all the good ones. Oh, I'm sure I've missed a lot of critically-acclaimed and even some pretty good movies, but it's been ages since I saw a movie I really liked for the first time.

I'd welcome any suggestions. But please, no TV (including anime), horror, or Woody Allen - not my favorites. First on my list is the previously-suggested Triumph of the Will.

Oh, did I mention I watched Suddenly, Last Summer? What a load of hysterical psychobabble. The best thing I can say about it is at one point you can see Liz Taylor's breasts jiggle. But I'm not sitting through ten minutes of fast-forwarding just to see those again.

Labels:

Post a Comment

<< Home