katrina benefit on flickr
If anyone is looking for an unusual way to help out the survivors of Hurricane Katrina, the members of Flickr are holding a charity auction of framed prints. The photographer donates the prints and shipping costs, while the winning bidder makes out their check to the American Red Cross.
I might not have even have mentioned it here, except many of these prints are absolutely stunning. Easily the best I've seen on Flickr — which, I guess, is not surprising since they are basically on sale. Much of it is obviously professional work. So all of you that are hesitating on pitching a few bucks to the Red Cross: here's your chance.
(Click on the "group pool" link, and then on the "View as slideshow" link in the upper-righthand corner for an overview of what's on auction. Note that the slideshow is broken up into "pages", and as you proceed to the next page, it may repeat the last few from the last page: this is because new photos are being added to the pool every minute, and so the page boundaries are always shifting. So, once you finish the slideshow, do it again to catch up on all the ones added since you started!)
Labels: Photography

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1:46 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1:47 PM
I must've hit the big time — my first blog spam! Could it possibly be related to blogging about the auction? Hmmm, I'll have to look into how others deal with this sort of thing.
1:52 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1:55 PM
Hmmm, this is getting a bit out of hand...
2:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home