indolence is bliss

Saturday, September 24, 2005

quake

Another brief earthquake, about twelve minutes ago. Just 3.2 according to the USGS, and lasted less than a second. I doubt anyone outside of Piedmont/Oakland felt it. Time for bed.

P.S. They really do only happen late at night, don't they?

Blogger kevin said...

When I was a kid, this man told me that a majority of the earthquakes happens during sunrise or sundown. Is that bullshit or is that really true? If it is true, I wonder if the Sun has any effect on earth the same way it has on the ocean. For example, since the earth is always moving and is constantly building pressure points, it may simply need a little bit of push/pull to relieve the pressure.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Lurid said...

I wonder if it's like sound--you notice it more when it's darker outside, because you're paying less attention to what your eyes are telling you and more to what your ears are. Maybe you're paying more attention to the rest of your senses too when it becomes darker...

7:42 AM

 
Blogger 1600 Squirrels said...

Both suggestions could be true. I didn't notice at least one moderate earthquake that occurred during daylight hours.

2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home