m.i.a.
It's been a long time since my last report (I guess this blog really is only for when I'm unemployed), so I'm just going to throw out some random thoughts to get warmed up:
- Bought a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS just as my contract expired, and I'm in the middle of trying them out. So far so good.
- Oh yeah, got a EF 60mm f/2.8 Macro this month too. $2k in camera lenses in two weeks. Pangs of regret minor and stabilizing.
- Rehabilitated my old Timex Ironman Triathlon in preparation for warm weather and another summer of jogging. Cost of new Triathlon: $33. Cost to repair old Triathlon: $19. Time spent looking for batteries and straps and shaving down the strap to fit: >5 hours. Wonder why most Americans just throw away their old electronics rather than fix/upgrade them?
- Been diving into Blu-rays. Promised myself I wouldn't upgrade until prices came down, but when my projector gave up the ghost late last year and I bought a big-screen LCD TV, it was all over but the paying. Now I'm dumping my prized DVDs en masse, and already own seven Blu-rays. Working on my wishlist now.
- Listening to M.I.A.'s Kala right now. Like many, my first exposure to her was in Slumdog (my third Blu-ray), and the more I read about her the more interested I get. Best "new" artist I've heard since Gorillaz (not that I get out much).
Labels: Photography


Post a Comment
<< Home