latest goody
The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 just arrived! Haven't even unboxed it yet.
Meanwhile, three 8GB Sandisk Extreme III SDHC cards just entered the UPS system with my name on them. Tonight I should be ordering that LowePro Flipside 300 backpack and the Adorama LP-E5 knockoff battery for the XSi. Finally, the new Hoya HD Circular Polarizers are still not in stock.
And that should be it for now. At least, there's nothing else currently on the market I feel I must have, but who knows what they'll come up with next? (Actually, I'd be very interested in an affordable f/1.4 ultrawide or 50-135mm f/2.8 IS.)
And I really should stop. Because, when I think about it, I've bought an awful lot of camera equipment over the last three years and two months. And I don't have all that much to show for it: 2 out of 5 cameras still extant, and only half of the dozen lenses I've bought over the years. The list (with planned purchases):
italics indicates a returned, sold, given away, or kaput item
Cameras
Canon Digital Rebel (shutter failure)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX35
Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd
Canon Digital Rebel XSi
Lenses
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Macro Di II
Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Tokina AT-X 107 Fish-Eye 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5
Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX 11-16mm f/2.8
Lens Hoods
Canon ES-71II for 50mm f/1.4
Canon ET-65III for 85mm f/1.8
Canon ET-65B for 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS
Canon EW-83J for 17-55mm f/2.8 IS
Filters
58mm clear filter
1 58mm Tiffen circular polarizer
2 58mm Hoya Super HMC UV filters
1 77mm Sunpak DHG slim circular polarizer
1 77mm Hoya HD circular polarizer
Tripod
Sunpak 9001UT tripod
Slik Pro 604CF carbon fiber tripod legs
Acratech V2 Ballhead
Acratech Canon 300D quick release plate
Dual-axis bubble level
Panosaurus spherical panoramic head
Flash
Canon 430EX Speedlite
Sto-Fen Omnibounce
Bags
DigPro holster case
LowePro Nova 2 AW
LowePro Lens Case 1W
LowePro Lens Case 1N
Adorama Lens Case
Kodak Resilient Camera Case I
LowePro Flipside 300 backpack
Batteries
5 Canon BP-511-equivalent batteries
1 Canon LP-E5-equivalent battery
8 MAHA Imedion Hybrid AA NiMH batteries
1 Lacrosse BC-900 battery recharger
Storage
1 1GB Kingston CF card
1 1GB Sandisk CF card
2 2GB Kingston Ultimate 133x CF cards (1 sold)
1 8GB Sandisk Extreme III CF card
1 4GB Kigston Ultimate 133x CF card
3 4GB Sandisk Extreme III SDHC cards
3 8GB Sandisk Extreme III SDHC cards
1 200GB Western Digital internal 7200rpm hard drive
1 250GB Western Digital My Book Essential external hard drive
1 500GB Western Digital internal 7200rpm hard drive
1 500GB Western Digital My Book Essential external hard drive
8 25-pack spindles DVD-R (various brands)
Other Computer
Dell 2407WFP 24" LCD monitor
Pantone Huey monitor calibrator
PTAssembler panorama stitching software
Cleaning Supplies
2 Copper Hill sensor cleaning kits
1 package Kodak lens cleaning papers
1 microfiber cleaning cloth
2 bottles ROR (Residual Oil Remover)
Miscellaneous
Canon RC-1 remote shutter release
Apple iPod Photo 20GB (for on-the-road backups; didn't work out)
Labels: Photography

Post a Comment
<< Home