out of stock redux
Arggh. Passover finally ends and the Digital Rebel XSi kit is out of stock everywhere I normally shop except Tiger Direct. So I've asked B&H for a refund on my defective unit instead of an exchange.
I'm not sure what to do now. I might wait until next week to return the camera, hoping that B&H gets it back in stock this week (the sales guy I spoke to said they had 1500 on order).
More and more, though, I'm leaning towards ordering a Fujifilm F100fd today as a backup against possibly having to wait several weeks or more for my second XSi to materialize. As is the situation with the replacements for my recently-deceased DVD player and slowly-dying projector, though, the F100fd has not yet dropped to the price point I was waiting for ($300 vs. $343 currently). Plus, reading postings on DPReview, it appears there's a slight amp glow problem that is rumored (but what's a rumor worth?) to be addressed with a firmware update in early May. I'll probably take the plunge anyway, though, since Amazon has it in stock, and unlike B&H, they have a truly worry-free return policy. I really don't like buying cameras at Amazon, but at least when they mess up it doesn't cost me anything.
This just sucks: after months of waiting and camera testing, I'm back to no camera again (other than my Kodak, which frankly is worth shooting with)
Stop the Presses!
I just called B&H back, and it turns out they're going to pay for return shipping and refund my original shipping cost as well! Turns out the guy who handled my RMA didn't tell me about this, so I was just going by what was on B&H's website, which says return shipping is the responsibility of the customer. I retract any previous booing of B&H, and as the camera store with the best customer service I've met so far they've earned my return business once again.
Labels: Photography

Post a Comment
<< Home