indolence is bliss

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

i caved

Yup. I caved in and ordered a Digital Rebel XSi Kit from B&H. If I'm lucky, it'll arrive late next week.

I'm a bit surprised they're still showing in stock after a day of being the only online retailer in the United States to carry the camera, so I hope they're not just slow updating their availability.

Perhaps the kit (with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens) isn't nearly as popular as the body alone — B&H only shows the black-body kit in stock at the moment. I'm just going to sell off my lens immediately, so I can understand people who only want the body.

I caved because who knows when the other two options (Amazon and Adorama) are going to be ready. Amazon is currently showing a May 1 ship date, and I've found their availability estimates to be wildly inaccurate in the past. Adorama will probably get inventory in the next couple days, but I'm not sure of that. With Passover coming, if they are not available by Thursday, that's it until the end of April. As for my Adorama rebate credit, who knows when that will be ready, and I can probably find something else to buy with it anyway.

Like some more Sandisk SD cards. The way I figure it, I'll need another 24GB to approach my previous shot capacity with my CF cards. But then I'll have to figure out what to do with that rebate credit.

Labels:

Post a Comment

<< Home