indolence is bliss

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

predictions so far

So how have my predictions from only a few months ago fared in the light of the Photokina 2006 announcements? Predictably, most of the specifics were mis-predictions, although nothing has yet contradicted the general trend.

Digic III
It will be out next month instead of February, not in a 1D (which is still expected February), but rather the Powershot G7, SD800 IS, and SD900. It's not yet clear what speed advantage the new processor offers, but I plan to get an SD800 IS, so I'll keep you posted.

EOS 400D
This is available already, rather than a year from now, but with a 10-megapixel rather than a 12-megapixel as I predicted for next year. Also, it missed out on Digic III and an OLED. I'll move those predictions out to the 500D, announcing 18 months from now.

Labels:

Post a Comment

<< Home