i think it's a keeper
Another day of shooting with the new lens, this time at the Legion of Honor, and I am truly impressed.
When I looked at the first pictures I took with the Digital Rebel, I realized I had never taken a sharp picture before. The pictures from the bottom-of-the-line EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6 lens blew me away, and I became instantly addicted.
Well, I just had another epiphany: I had never taken a sharp low-light photo before. Today, as long as I stayed within the handholding limits I measured yesterday, every shot was crystal clear. Even in a room with no lighting except what was coming from the adjacent room through a narrow doorway. The IS also really came through outside in forty-mile-an-hour winds.
I'm uploading the pictures to Flickr now. I've never had this many keepers from a comparable photo shoot. Tamron may be able to approach the image quality of this lens, but I'll probably never know, because I think I'm going to keep the Canon. Tomorrow I revisit Stanford for the ultimate test - MemChu. Looking forward to it.
Labels: Photography

Post a Comment
<< Home