first anniversary
That's right, I started this blog February 13 of last year, with not much purpose in mind. I feel I've achieved that.
Book reviews pretty much went out the door once I realized I lacked the experience and/or insight to say anything meaningful about that cursed art form. No, I have not finished my novel, but, yes, I am still working on it. What little interesting actually occurs in my life, I try to incorporate it into the novel, so I haven't had much left to write here of much personal interest. Oh well, I guess my opinions on movies say a little something about myself.
What you can expect in the Year of the Dog:
More movie reviews, although I'll be cutting back my movie watching after the Oscars, or even before. I saw my 1800th movie yesterday, and after about twenty/week for the last few weeks, I'm almost spent for now.
Photography is also becoming more occasional. I'm not giving it up, but going out every day and post-processing nights keeps me from making any progress writing. Here's the panorama I took today:
Still practicing on the (musical) keyboard every day. Trying to learn Mozart's Turkish March and Chopin's Grand Valse Brillante — both are quite a handful (or two). Maybe I'll spring for a pedal instead of my next piece of camera equipment.
Possibly some angst as the bank account will not survive another winter, and the bell has begun to toll. Or did I forget to turn off the metronome again?
Alright, back to real writing.
Labels: Photography

I love your panoramic picture! I wish there's a way to imprint it nicely on my oh-so-boring white wall (at an ***affordable price***). BTW how about you record some of your practice sessions?
11:05 AM
Thanks. I figure I'm just going to print out the individual frames on my inkjet and tape them up (overlapped) on my wall. At 300dpi the original is almost 5 feet wide, so a single photographic print would be prohibitively expensive (not even considering the frame).
If you mean recording my piano practice, I don't see the point in it. Besides, it will be months before I even memorize the notes.
4:14 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home