indolence is bliss

Sunday, January 22, 2006

fond of fonda

What I watched tonight:

They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
5 Stars
Directed by Sydney Pollack
Starring Jane Fonda
The ultimate Jane Fonda Workout, a tortured Depression-era dance marathon. A complete 180 from Fonda's previous effort, Barbarella, this performance was the stepping stone to her Oscar for Klute. Perfectly paced story, full of compelling characters, suspense, and heartbreak. And I normally hate this kind of movie.

Drums Along the Mohawk (1939)
2 Stars
Directed by John Ford
Starring Henry Fonda, Claudette Colbert
Bit of a Fondathon around here lately; I also rewatched the first half of On Golden Pond. What can I say - they're quite a family. Bridget seems to be in semi-retirement now, nursing the fourth generation, Oliver Elfman. Imagine: a musical Fonda - what incredible pressure for a one-year-old! If I were him, I'd never want to stop breastfeeding…
…sorry, mind wandered a bit there. Now about Drums Along the Mohawk. It's in color.

Labels:

Post a Comment

<< Home