da list
I warned you.
I love lists.
And my favorite things to list are movies.
Top 10 Fifties Hollywood Movies
...in order of release date
- In A Lonely Place - Hard. For a Hollywood movie.
- All About Eve - Two parts Bette Davis, one part Marilyn Monroe. Shake vigorously and fasten your seatbelt.
- Singin' in da Rain - Best script of any Hollywood musical + bestest songs + Debbie!
- A Star Is Born - Like In A Lonely Place, but with singing and dancing.
- To Catch A Thief - I'll have a breast. No a thigh. Oh, sweet agony!
- Da Tender Trap - Frank Sinatra and Debbie Reynolds: never a better match
- Da Searchers - Who needs actors?
- Vertigo - Da spinny-falling thing wit da spooky-beautiful soundtrack.
- Gigi - Da reason I love champagne. And little girls...
- Gidget - Imitation of Life almost won this slot, but it just didn't devote enough footage to Sandra Dee.
If you haven't seen some of da movies on this list, well, you probably don't like Hollywood movies. Stop reading!
Everyone else: let's play.
I'll start:
In A Lonely Place starred Humphrey Bogart, who played a stablehand in Dark Victory starring Bette Davis, star of All About Eve. (Bonus: Lonely Place co-star Gloria Grahame played Violet in It's A Wonderful Life, which starred Jimmy Stewart, star of Vertigo.)
Next link: All About Eve -> Singin' in da Rain
(No fair peeking at IMDb! Oh well, make up da rules as you go along.)
Labels: Movies

I see I am indeed talking to myself. That's a fine list you've come up with there, Squirrels. Thanks, I love them all.
Okay, here's a hint: All About Eve and Singin' in da Rain are connected through another movie on da list.
10:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home