indolence is bliss

Saturday, May 14, 2005

false mourning

Went to the cemetery today for the first time in a while. I saw one gravestone from 1858 in the Jewish section. My aunt's ashes are in the columbarium, but since I don't put much stock in human remains, I've never asked exactly where. It's nicer to just go up the hill, look out, and think. It has one of the best views in the whole East Bay.

In lighter news, turns out my filter's not broken after all (go Tiffen!). It was just a little scuffed and stuck, and I misinterpreted that as it missing its rear glass. Until I got out into the sun, I couldn't tell by looking that there were still two layers of glass. So, senseless, I guess we both got lucky. (Of course, you won't catch me climbing trees just to get a shot - at least, not yet!)

That's the good news. The bad news is that I won't be able to resist buying a 28-105mm now, since I can share the polarizer with my current lens. Life is so hard sometimes.

Labels:

Blogger Senseless said...

Ha!

Climbing trees is fun, but in my current state I should refrain from doing it without someone knowing where I am.

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home