star wars r.i.p.
Finally saw Ep. 3 tonight. I'd give a review here, but I've already forgotten most of the movie. I'll just say the dialogue was smoother than the last two, but the Lucas touches are all still there. I am loath to analyze further, as there are more holes in the story than you can shake a saber at, and story was the best thing going for the series.
Really, though, the best thing about a Hollywood epic is that everyone gets a slice of the pie.
Of the first 15 actors listed in the credits:
- 2 were born in the U.S.: Samuel Jackson (D.C.) and Jimmy "No, I Am Your Father" Smits (Brooklyn)
- 2 in Scotland: Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid
- 4 in England: Frank Oz, Anthony Daniels, Christopher Lee, and Silas Carson
- 3 in New Zealand: Jay Laga'aia, Bruce Spence, and Temeura Morrison (of Once Were Warriors fame)
- 2 in Australia: Keisha Castle-Hughes (of Whale Rider fame) and Wayne Pygram
- 1 in Canada: Hayden Christensen
- and Jerusalem-born Natalie Portman
Looking further down the cast list, and taking a page from the Coppola Handbook of Nepotism:
- Amanda Lucas
- Katie Lucas
- Jett Lucas (kamikaze Jedi youngling who saves Jimmy Smits)
- Mousy McCallum (daughter of producer Rick McCallum)
- Baron Papanoida... George Lucas
Labels: Movies

I'm disappointed that you paid Lucas money so that he can rip off more people in the future. It's almost as bad as buying Phillip Morris stock.
12:17 PM
Yeah, I'm disappointed in myself too. Now I'll have to watch Batman V and War of the Worlds to wash the taste out of my mouth.
What's more, I'll probably end up watching Fantastic Four, even though the previews are horrible. After Sin City, I made a vow to myself to watch every Jessica Alba movie. What can I say: I'm hooked.
At least I didn't buy a Burger King Kid's Meal in order to get the cuddly Emperor Palpatine toy.
3:41 AM
Hayden Christensen is yummy. :)
11:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home