indolence is bliss

Sunday, May 29, 2005

camera fixed

The bad news was that Canon would not cover the repair under the warranty, and wanted me to send it in for an estimate. The good news is a helpful gent at Reed's Camera in Walnut Creek managed to extract my lens from the camera body by main force. No harm done, other than a split second rise in my blood pressure. And we're back to status quo.

Of course, I still wish I had waited and gotten a Canon Powershot S2 IS. 12x zoom! Mmmmm.

Labels:

Blogger kevin said...

Oh bummer, no camera, no picture. Good thing I can't afford a camera with my student salary.

Anyways, great pictures, good perspective, zoom/back-blur, composition. Looking at your portfolio is like looking at an industrial art book. Lots of architectures and man-made (mechanical) things. Keep it up. One comment -- diversify your portfolio? Suggestions: 1) Night pictures. Slow 4-10 sec exposure pictures on the city, vehicles, people moving, etc. Night pictures are totally different to take and require different techniques. 2) Pictures that convey movements. Again, slow exposure (1/15 sec during day time) and juxtapose it with something that moves and something that doesn't. 3) Mix 2 with people. You don't have a lot of human subjects. Maybe that's your intention but I find that mixing people with nature and man-made things would really speak-out to the audiences more.

7:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home