a canon 50mm f/1.8 lens? priceless.
So, after an uneventful six days, my new Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens now rests in peace. Or, rather, rests in pieces.
I just got back from Temescal Park, where I was taking some pictures in the light of the setting sun. After taking out my trusty Rebel to snap some (*yawn*) flowers, I noticed my shoe was untied. I leaned over—carefully gripping my precious camera—and tied my laces. As I got up from my crouch—CRACK.
Yes, I had left the zipper open on my camera bag. My brand new 50mm lens (for which I did not yet have a separate bag) dropped all of two feet onto the paving stones and split in half like an eggshell.
No tears shed—it wasn't all that expensive. But, on further consideration:
Useful life: 6 days
Usable shots taken with lens: zero
Cost: $75 + S&H
Cost/photo: ∞
The most expensive lens Canon ever produced.
Q: Will I be buying another?
A: Does the Pope watch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?
Labels: Photography


Post a Comment
<< Home